The Château du Champ-de-Bataille, is a castle located in the department of Eure of the French region of Upper Normandy. A baroque castle, Château du Champ-de-Bataille is located between the communes of Neubourg and Sainte-Opportune-du-Bosc, and in the Campagne du Neubourg, between the river Risle to the west and the Iton river to the east.
It was built in the 17th century by the Maréchal de Créqui.
In 1650 Alexandre de Créquy-Bernieulle (1628-1703) was arrested and exiled to the province by Cardinal Mazarin. He built the Château du Champ-de-Bataille between 1653 and 1665.
The formal French garden was created from 1992 by a new owner, interior designer Jacques Garcia. He was inspired by the drawings of the original garden, which had long since disappeared, showing the placement of the large terrace, the broderies and bousquets and the proportions of the Apollo and Diana squares. These characteristics were scrupulously reproduced, while the new characteristics of the garden took their «measure and tone» from the model of the original. The garden is considered by the French Ministry of Culture as one of the notable gardens of France.